Report an Issue
What should include in a bug report
- A clear description of the issue - the only way to understand the real issue.
- Steps to reproduce the issue - the only way to reproduce the issue on my device.
- Screenshots or/and Screen Records (especially if you’re reporting a layout issue) - to simplify the first two-point.
- If you’re reporting an app crashing, please be sure to include a “logcat” captured at the time of the crash happened - the most important piece of evidence for me to know why the crash happened!
Please Note: Logcat Reader, a simple and very efficient application available in Google Play shall be used to capture logcat.
- Anything else you really think is important.
What shouldn't include in a bug report
- Any logs other than the logcat unless the developer explicitly requested - almost everything except the logcat is useless unless in certain situations!
- Any other unrelated information.
- I may not have your device in my hand to reproduce the issue.
- I may not be interested in your favourite ROM/Kernel.
- I’m not a magician to solve the issues unless you give “relevant” information about the issue.
- I might have other priorities in life, so that it will be impossible for me to spend time for bug reports without “relevant” information.