De-bloating with ADB
What is Android Debug Bridge (ADB)?
What are the requirements for ADB De-bloating?
- A Computer or Laptop (Windows/Linux/Mac)
- A USB cable to connect your android device with computer
How to configure Android Debug Bridge (ADB)?
- Download and Install OEM specific USB drivers from here.
- Download the ADB binary for your OS (Windows, Mac, Linux) from here and extract the zip file into a folder that you can quickly access.
- On your phone, go to Settings –> About Phone and tap on the “Build number” at least 7 times to enable the “Developer Options”.
- Now find and navigate to the newly enabled “Developer Options” from the “Setting” and find “USB Debugging”. Enable it.
- Plug your phone into the computer via USB cable.
- On your computer, browse to the directory where you extracted the ADB binary in step 2.
- Launch Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal/Shell (Linux/Mac) in your ADB folder.
- Enter the following command:
You will see that the system is starting the ADB daemon. Also, you will probably see a prompt on your phone asking you to authorize a connection with the computer. Grant it. If you re-run the “adb devices” command, the terminal will print the serial number of your device, meaning your mobile is successfully connected to the computer via ADB.
- Now sending the following command from the Command Prompt/Terminal/Shell will remove the system application of your choice.